4 December 2013

Christmas is on it's way!


I am so unprepared for Christmas this year! It really doesn't feel like December to me at all!
I have done some gift shopping but I'm certainly not done but the thing I can't get my head around at the moment is Christmas cards!!! It seems to early even though I know it isn't!
 
For ages I couldn't bare the thought of buying any cards & apart from buying 2 for each of our Dad's that's as far as my Christmas card affair has gone - and this let me tell you is only because James' Dad lives in Australia & so it had to be posted today & when we bought it we saw the perfect one for my Dad!!!! I know I will have to get on it this week (I will as my bestest friend is visiting from Portugal this weekend!) but normally I feel excited by writing out all my cards but this year I don't!
 
We received our first card on Monday from our friends (they are off to Cuba for a few weeks so are getting in with the card business early!!!) & this is it above - isn't it splendiferous in all it's geometric glory!
 
I know so many people have put their Christmas decorations up last weekend but let me tell you friends, this is just too early for me. We are going to put ours up on Saturday night & we do like to make a night of it with bubbly & a festive selection of cheeses (this has been our tradition for years now!) we get a bit tiddly & giddy & the decorations go up whilst we listen to old Christmas songs.
Once finished we generally settle back with a good old favourite Christmas film (like The Christmas Story - how cute & quirky is this film!!!) or start on our old favourite Christmas TV shows like The Box of Delights or The Children of Green Knowe (oh my goodness I love these!!!)
 
Oohh I do believe I am feeling festive after writing this post!
*hurrah*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...